(Reg. No. DR/DVG/SOR/341/2009-10)
'H' Block, 7th Street
Anna Nagar West,
Ref: No: IOS /notice AGM/2011.
16th July. 2011
All Life Members of Indian Orthodontic Society
Dear Honourable Members,
Notice is hereby given for the 46th Annual General body Meeting of the Indian Orthodontic Society to be held on Saturday Sep 24th 2011 at 14:30 hrs. at Hotel Clarks, Khajuraho, to transact the following business. You are requested to be present.
1.To confirm the minutes of the A G M held on December 18th 2010 at Dr. T M A Pai Convention Centre, Mangalore.
- 2.To appoint Polling officers for the elections.
- 3.To elect one President Elect for the year 2011-2012.
- 4.To elect one Vice President for the year 2011-2012.
- 5.To elect IOS Times Editor for the year 2011 – 2013.
- 6.To elect twenty four members to the Executive Committee for the year 2011-2012
(Nomination forms are available on web site www.iosweb.net/member/forms)
- 7.To discuss and approve amendments if any. (will be published in the website 45 days prior to the AGM).
- 8.To adopt audited statement of accounts for the year 2010-2011.
- 9.To appoint auditors for the year 2011-2012.
- 10.To adopt the annual report by the Hon. Secretary for the year 2010-2011.
- 11.To adopt resolutions proposed by the Executive Committee / members.
- 12.To announce IBO Board of Directors.
- 13.To Discuss zonal allocation of conferences and decide on the bid for 51st IOC 2016
(Zone # 1)..
- 14.To discuss and approve the bid for 18th IOS PG Students’ Convention 2014.
- 15.To discuss the progress on 8th APOS and 47th IOC.
- 16.Any other matter with the permission of the Chair
- If any member wishes to question / suggest / clarify doubts pertaining to any item in the agenda, he/she is requested to write to the Secretary (with the question) by 05.00 pm, 24-8-2011. (email id email@example.com) This procedure helps in the smooth conduct of the meeting. No other questions will be entertained on the floor of the House.
- The minutes / amendments / report / audited account will be circulated and published in the website www.iosweb.net shortly
- To bid for 51st IOC 2016 – West region: Applications are invited from the approved Orthodontic Study Group in West Zone. Forms are available with www.iosweb.net /member/forms) Applications in the prescribed format should reach the Head Office on or before 05.00 pm, 24-08-2011. (Article 33 of IOS Constitution).
- To bid for 18th IOS PG Students’ Convention 2014 – Applications are invited from the DCI approved PG Institution/s in India. Forms are available with www.iosweb.net /member/forms) Applications in the prescribed format should reach this office before 05.00 pm, 24-08-2011).
- Election Nomination forms: Nomination forms for all posts are available on web site www.iosweb.net /member/forms. Duly completed nomination form should reach the Hon. Secretary latest by 05.00 pm, 16th August 2011 by Speed post / Registered post with acknowledgment due only. Envelope should be super scribed as “IOS ANNUAL ELECTIONS”. Nominations in the prescribed format only will be accepted. Last date for withdrawal of nominations will be 05.00 pm, 28-08-2011. AGM (Conference Attendance Certificate) & EC attendance Certificates should be attached with the form for validity. (This is for the ease of verification)
- The head office will not be responsible for any postal delay / loss of letter/nomination.
- If any Study Group that is recognized by the Head Office wish to propose any resolution, it should reach the head office by 05.00 pm, 24-08-2011.
IMPORTANTPlease bring this with you as no copies will be distributed during AGM.
- Bring your photo ID card (IOS) with you, for entering AGM hall & for Voting.
- Those members who have not receiving the photo ID card on or before September 1st, 2011, please contact the Hon. Secretary at +91 9884042526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those who are accepted as Life Member by the Hon. Secretary on or before 24th July, 2011, only will be eligible to vote at the AGM.
Dr. A.V.Arun, Hon Secretary,
Indian Orthodontic Society